WHY MAKE THIS GROUND BEEF TACO MEAT RECIPE?
- Quick and easy: this meal can be ready on the table in under 30 minutes, making this a perfect family weeknight meal.
- Homemade seasoning blend: skip the packets and make your own seasoning! This allows you to control the salt and heat to suit your family’s needs.
- Family Friendly & Perfect for Gatherings: cook up the meat and serve this buffet style so guests/kids can get the toppings they want!
NOTES ON SOME INGREDIENTS:
- Ground Beef: The best meat to use for taco meat is a simple ground beef, a 70-80% lean. The fat is going to help give flavor to the meat and we are able to drain the grease prior to serving.
- Tomato Sauce: grab any kind of canned, pureed tomato sauce. Or if you want more spice you could use a thick salsa instead.
- Oil: this is used for frying up the tortillas. Use either a canola or a vegetable oil.
- Tortillas: white corn tortillas fry up perfectly to make a crisp taco shell. If you would prefer you could use flour tortillas and not fry them. I would recommend using tortillas that are 6 inches.