Vegan Salisbury Steak
This recipe was amazing! Let me tell you what I did and how it went. I will also mention what I will do different next time. IF you try it PLEASE tag me or send it to me. Would love to know how you enjoyed it. The first bite took me right back to the nostalgia of my childhood of eating TV dinners and watching The Brady Bunch in our wood-paneled living room.
These juicy Salisbury steaks covered in rich mushroom gravy have all the same make-you-want-to-lick-the-plate classic homestyle goodness you expect but without the heavy meat and dairy ingredients many of us grew up with.
Ingredients for Vegan Salisbury Steak:
You will need:
- vegan egg substitute – I like VeganEgg or Bob’s Red Mill for this recipe
- vegan ground beef – My current favorite brands are Impossible and Beyond Meat
- seasoned bread crumbs
- mild-flavored plant milk, such as oat or unsweetened almond
- dry onion soup mix
- vegan Worcestershire sauce – I use Wizard brand
- ground black pepper
- vegan butter
- cremini mushrooms
- yellow onion
- vegan beef-style broth – Better Than Bouillon’s No-Beef Base is a good one.